- Desktop computer/laptop (PC or Apple) or tablet
- Broadband internet access (preferably wired) – “Broadband” means minimum speeds equivalent to DSL, satellite, or cable connections of at least 8 mbps. Note: wifi connections are typically significantly slower than wired connections.
- Headset with microphone or speakers and a microphone
- A strong, consistent internet connection to stream audio and video in both directions
- Ability to see the full screen and access a keyboard at the same time
- Use of microphone and camera for the duration of the course
- Preferred browsers – Chrome or Firefox (Internet Explorer not recommended)
LOGGING IN FROM A PHONE IS PROHIBITED
Other requirements and expectations
- Students must meet course attendance requirements:
- Students must fulfill the time requirement of attending 90% of the course, not counting scheduled breaks. No course credit will be given if the 90% requirement is not met, even if due to connectivity issues.
- Students will not receive credit if they leave before the end of the course.
- A monitor will be online to track attendance and student participation.
- If a student’s connectivity fails repeatedly and they miss more than 10% of the course, they will not be able to continue the course and will not get credit.
- Students must meet the requirement to connect/check-in prior to start of the class session.
- Students must show any required identification prior to or at the beginning of the course – pocket cards will be checked. Have them ready when you join the class. You will not get credit if your pocket card is not checked.
- Check in starts 45 minutes before the class start time.
- Students must silence their phones and ensure they are taking the course in a quiet environment.
- Only one student may be on a computer at a time. You cannot share screens with other students.
- Students must reply to all prompts and quizzes during the session to receive credit.
- Students must remain connected to the room during breaks.
- Students must close other programs/apps while class is in session.
- At the end of the course and after attendance has been confirmed, students will receive a completion email from Real Time Learn with instructions on how to log in to their account and download their Certificate of Completion.
- Your course completion will be electronically reported to the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
We get it, emergency situations may arise that will require you to leave the live streaming class. If you need to leave the live streaming classes, we certainly understand. While we cannot give you credit for the class if you miss more than 20 minutes or cannot stay until the end, we can help you reschedule to another online class at no charge.
Additional Zoom Support
- Zoom online support
- You can also chat live with the Zoom support team within your Zoom account, or call 1-888-799-9666 ext. 2